The good news is that September, which brings Training Camp and pre-season action, along with a Cap's fans ultimate lovefest - the inaugural Capitals Convention, is just around the corner!
So while we mark those days off the calendar and wait to hear that wonderful sound of Ovie and pals' skates tearing up the ice at Kettler, there's still some hockey-related goings on worth note.
Here are some of Hockey Mom's picks for the week:
- Just in time for back-to-school shopping, this really cool Capitals notebook set
- Check out the new look at www.washingtoncaps.com
- A veteran enforcer may be looking for a new home and rumblings of another bad boy Todd Bertuzzi going back to Hockeytown
- Check out Caps Chick's hilarious questionnaire responses over at A View From the Cheap Seats
- Go see Bruce Boudreau throw out the first pitch for the soon-to-be vastly improved Washington Nationals on Thursday, August 20
- For all you peeps interested in a career in sports media/marketing, check out this insightful interview with Caps' Director of Media Relations, Nate Ewell
- Finally, join Gabby, Brian Pothier and other Capitals staffers this Saturday to lend a hand for D.C. Public Schools Beautification Day