Maybe if I don't watch tonight, the Caps will miraculously dig up their power play from whatever rock it's been hiding under since last season. Caps Nation is one divided these days, as the team continues to struggle. Some fans and media think a personnel shake up of some sort is in order (HM is among those who think the team needs to make some moves before the February 28 trade deadline) while others are content to wait until the playoffs to see if the boys can ramp it up. My other opinion, for what it's worth, is that there should be NO optional practices as long as the spark remains missing in action. And in his role as captain, Ovechkin should be at all practices unless he's injured or sick. Don't even get me started on Alex Semin taking the "option" - the hardest worker on the assembly line he is not. For cripes sake, I've watched my boys do "bag skates" (also dubbed 30-second drills) after losses, and they aren't playing hockey for a living.
Here are just a few items of discourse regarding the current state of the Capitals that I found interesting, and am very much in agreement with much of OFB's assessment:
- Taking a Wrecking Ball to Capitals Country Club, Parts I & II (OFB)
- Who Is Leading the Boys in the Locker Room? (Puck Daddy)
- The Owner's Thoughts on Adversity (Ted's Take)
- More on George McPhee and the Impending Trade Deadline (Puckhead's Thoughts)
- Hockey's Best Mullet Talks About the Caps (Barry Melrose on 106.7 The Fan)