Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Karl Alzner No Potty-Mouth


Photo: NHL/Washington Capitals

Capitals' rookie d-man Karl Alzner is no potty-mouth and has never uttered the "F" word according to D.C. Sports Bog. When I read this, I had to post and send a big Hockey Mom high-five to Number 27, for the lack of profanity is rarely seen in professional hockey and I'm sure once that adrenaline starts flowing and bodies start banging, it's awfully hard to refrain from spouting expletives! Heck, it's hard for HM sometimes, whether watching the Caps or my boys' team, and I'm just a fan.

I wish I could say the same for one of my guys who recently got a 10-minute misconduct for uttering a profanity (that he's never heard in my house) to an opposing player - within earshot of the ref, of course. Very smart, huh? The coach, who also happens to be his dad, benched him for a game and he had to sit in jeans and his helmet and feel shame. Bet he won't do that again anytime soon - the wrath of Hockey Mom and Hockey Coach combined with the embarassment of being benched should be deterrent enough, one should hope!

Anyway, good for Karl. Here's wishing the team the best as they take on the big bad (and top of the Northeast) Boston Bruins. Rumor has it that Tom Poti and Alex Semin (please, please) MAY be back tonight but will be a game time decision.

Til the puck drops at 7 p.m......

No comments: