Thursday, March 26, 2009

Seriously, Enough Already with the Celebration...

As Gabby was getting the troops ready for the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, a bunch of reporters from Canada's TSN descended wanting to talk about...guess what, oh no, not the Ovie celebration, again?

Aren't we done with that? Kaput? Finit? Geez, you guys remind me of my boys when they keep begging me for the new Easton Stealth hockey stick...waah waah waah! Seriously, some of the Canadian media just wants to keep rehashing this 15 seconds of celebration (or as my gal pals would say "that is SO last year) to refuel Don Cherry's cup of crazy. I dunno...but there are certainly other things to talk about. I for one, have been watching some tremendous games lately involving teams fighting for those last few playoff berths. For instance, Calgary versus the Pens last night (did you all manage to catch that monster hit from Dion Phaneuf on Evgeni Malkin?) - yowzah! My point is - there's lots more to talk about in the world of hockey these days and the Ovie stick dance is so not one of them anymore.

And of course, Gabby is in agreement and said as much in this press conference:



As far as retribution, the Lightning had close to three full periods to stop Ovie and they did nothing. Hockey Mom actually feels a bit for two of the Lightning's top talents, Vinny LeCavalier and Martin St. Louis, in that their talents are overshadowed by the off-the-ice circus that has become that hockey club. Their ownership group is like the "Dan Snyder" of the NHL - more money than sports sense and they've rotated players and coaches in and out of the St. Pete Forum more frequently than Madonna changes her hair color...

So guess we'll just wait and see the outcome of tomorrow's game, but if history is any indicator, all this overblown talk will do nothing but fire up the "Russian Machine"!

2 comments:

Buesco said...

Did I see you last night at the Russia House in D.C.? I could have sworn it was you because there was this brunette rockin the red, talking serious hockey with Semin (and giving him some great tips on how NOT to fight like a girl) and going vodka shot for shot with Fedorov. It could only be you...

Anonymous said...

Nope wasn't me - unless I have a twin. They run in my family you know! Don't think I could hang with the Russian line doing vodka shots anyhow - am a total lightweight...