Friday, April 10, 2009

One Proud Hockey-Loving Family...


As much as my twins drive me crazy at times, I know that I am beyond blessed to have happy and healthy kids, especially since they were born prematurely. Each year, countless babies are born prematurely, which can lead to debilitating health issues and even death.

Which brings me to this amazing story. Hockey Mom is proud to know this year's 2009 March of Dimes Ambassador, little Katelyn Hall. Katelyn was born at 25 weeks and weighed less than one pound. She was hospitalized for several months and her family endured many health scares and precarious surgeries for their precious daughter. I know her parents Ashley and Michael, who are both avid hockey fans and players in their own right. I've seen Ashley play on a men's team and as Craig Laughlin would say, "she is one tough customer!" The Halls now devote their time to successfully raising funds and awareness for the March of Dimes to fund research, awareness and education to help families have healthier babies.

And I'm happy to report that Katelyn is a happy five-year old who will be traveling the country as the fabulous official Ambassador to the March of Dimes. To read her incredible story and to donate to this tremendous cause, click here.

Keep up the great work, Hall family and see you at the rink!

No comments: