Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tribute to A Great Lady Fan

Over the last few years as my interest in hockey became a full-blown addiction, I've been fortunate enough to make the acquaintances of so many fabulous female fans who share my love for the game. One of those great gals is Lisa Ovens, who penned the hilarious book Hockey & High Heels. She and I have exchanged many e-mails and phone calls over the years regarding my beloved Capitals and her hometeam Canucks (HM's second favorite team actually - you know how I love the Sedin twins, get well soon Daniel).

I recieved a sad e-mail from her today letting me know that her mom, Stella, recently lost her courageous battle with cancer. Stella was a Canucks fan extraordinaire and I thought I would honor her memory and unbridled passion for the game by sharing Lisa's tribute to her wonderful mom. I know the trips to GM Place will never be the same without her....

No comments: