Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ovechkin Handed Two-Game Suspension

Call it women's intuition but HM just had a gut feeling that Colin Campbell was going to give Alex Ovechkin a two-game suspension for his knee-on-knee against Tim Gleason. And that's exactly the punishment handed down to the Great8 by NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell. AO will be suspended without pay for the next two games, hopefully his sore knee is back to 100 percent when he returns next week.

Here is Ovechkin's official statement on the suspension courtesy of the team:

"I regret that this has happened. I'm glad that Tim wasn't injured
because I never ever want to see anyone get hurt. I am disappointed to
miss these games and I can't wait to get back on the ice next week to
help my team."

One guy who apparently won't be benched or suspended (HM feigns shock and awe here) is Florida Panther Keith Ballard for almost pulling a Vincent Van Gogh on Tomas Vokoun's head in a fit of rage. Apparently Colin Campbell feels that the shame Ballard is probably feeling for hurting his team mate in such a boneheaded manner (which is making waves all over the internet) is punishment enough.

No comments: