Friday, August 13, 2010

Musings of a Hockey Mom Turns Two!


In all the madness that makes up "in-season" (following my twins on two separate travel teams as well as furiously keeping up with our beloved Capitals), HM totally neglected the momentous second birthday of Musings of A Hockey Mom. But hey, at least I remembered all the birthdays of my many family members, friends and co-workers, right? Because it's not like this single working hockey mom of teen twins doesn't have anything going on...

But to commemorate this belated birthday, HM wants to first start off by thanking Capitals' owner extraordinaire Ted Leonsis for his faith in this blogger by showing Musings lots of support, especially in the early days. Secondly, I have to thank the Capitals organization and their multi-Dillman Award winning PR staff for making my duties in keeping up with Caps "scoop" easy! Also to the other terrific members of the hockey media, especially all my great hockey pals listed in my Blog Roll. But most of all, I want to thank my many fabulous readers and tweeps (Twitter followers) for reading and supporting me in this wonderful world of hockey fandom! In the famous words of Sally Field: "You like me, you really like me..."

I'd love to reach out and give all of you a collective hockey hug and hope you'll keep reading for my not-so politically correct women's take on this amazingly awesome sport and the players we all heart so much. September will be here before you know it - meanwhile, HM may have to head down to Georgetown Cupcake to celebrate...

1 comment:

B.H.Rome said...

I suspect it's a bit difficult to plop WeLoveDC down on the blogroll, since we have so much more than Caps hockey. ;)

Regardless, congrats on the 'birthday' and I've enjoyed your tweets and our exchanges immensely. I look forward to another great Caps season of coverage and I'll see ya in the press box soon enough. *hattip*