Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget...

As I get ready to call it a night, my thoughts like those of so many Americans on this anniversary of 9/11, are with those who were senselessly lost and with their families.

I just watched this incredibly moving documentary, Seven Days in September, from SnagFilms. It reminds me that although we will never be the same, Americans are strong and compassionate people.



One of the most compelling images of the day for me was three children who lost their father in the World Trade Center on this day seven years ago. The message they conveyed at the memorial service at Ground Zero is that what their father would want most of all is for them to live their lives spreading peace and kindness.

So on this anniversary, I pray for all of those who are grieving and that we all live lives of peace and kindness. And most of all, that the unimaginable events and innocent lives lost that day are never forgotten...

No comments: