Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brash Blogs....


In doing some research yesterday, Hockey Mom stumbled upon the Cap's own Donald Brashear's blog. I'm sure I'm a day late and a dollar short (as my late mother would say), but who knew? Recognized by hockey fans world-wide as one of the greatest enforcers in the game, Brashear's blog offers a detailed look into some other sports franchises in the D.C. area including the Washington Nationals, Washington Redskins and Washington Wizards. And of course, what would a Brashear blog be without a best fights highlight reel? He also shares his childhood which wasn't always the happiest along with how he got into playing hockey. He didn't start on the ice until he was 8 years old, which is pretty late for a Canadian. Thanks Brash for giving this hockey mom hope that I didn't start my own guys in hockey too late and for sharing your personal story and unique sports insights! Look forward to seeing you in September....

And as I know how much hockey-loving female fans love to shop, make sure to put these on your back-to-school list! Reebok has come out with these rocking NHL skate-style tennis shoes that you can customize with your own team and colors. Being the ultimate shoe fanatic, I can't think of a better way to sport your team's colors - for guys or girls! I've already added 2 kid pairs to my own back-to-school list...along with a pair for me to go with my cool Capitals jersey purse and my sparkly new Caps t-shirt. I am so excited to see more fan gear specifically design for the ladies - thanks NHL!

No comments: