Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Post-Game Musings and Hurricane Watch


Photo: Washington Capitals

First off Hockey Mom wants to salute all of our heroic veterans on this Veterans Day and say thank you for your sacrifices and service to this great country!

As the buzz over last night's highly anticipated contest and Olie's first homecoming wains, I had a few more notes on the evening. I also wanted to give a big shout out to PucksandBooks and DC Sports Chick from On Frozen Blog, Rob from Storming the Crease and Aneesa from Love the Game, Don't Like Puck Bunnies for helping me find my way through the bowels of Verizon Center!

Looking forward to tomorrow's visit with the Carolina Hurricanes - jeez, didn't we just see these guys? Look for them to play a much tougher contest as they can't be at all happy with the the way the Caps stole the show in the final minutes of their last meeting!

One more exciting event happening in Hockey Mom's packed schedule this week takes place this Friday, when my twins' team will play an exhibition game on the Verizon Center ice! I wonder if I can pretend I'm Versus' Chris Simpson and interview the young guns between periods? All kidding aside, it will lots of fun to see our guys on an NHL sheet of ice. But there won't be 18,000 of my closest friends filling the seats (the game is at 3 p.m.) to help me cheer on the troops! I'll have to be extra loud - believe me, that has never been a problem for this hockey mom...

Then at 7 p.m., we get to see the men in red take on the New Jersey Devils minus the recuperating Martin Brodeur. I personally am looking forward to seeing backup goalie Kevin Weekes.

So gotta run and catch the end of practice (Pee Wee that is)... hurricane watch starts tomorrow.

No comments: