Yes, indeedy - there is red all over this town and no louder place on earth than the Phone Booth last night! Hockey Mom was not in the house for the occasion, but of course I was watching along with the other fabulous hockey parents and Caps fans at the ice rink for practice.
In case you've been under a rock for the past 24 hours, here is a magnificent segment of last night's Ovie show:
Some other thoughts on the game:
- The Chris Kunitz cross-check on Varly late in the third will not soon be forgotten by Caps players, even though the stripes turned a blind eye
- Defense needs to do a better job of clearing the puck out of their zone - too many times it looked like the Pens were on the power play
- The Steckel-Laich-Bradley line rocks!
- Caps need to tighten up on the retaliation penalties for sure - Clark has been in the box way too much in his last few outings
- Love that Crosby was whining about the barrage of hats that flew to the ice in droves after Ovie's hat trick. He's just pouting because he only got one hat (and a couple of purses)
- Varlamov's circus act rocks - how many times can this kid stand on his head to make another spectacular save?
So the ice-waddling Pens are going to be out for revenge and the stage will be set for Game 3 tomorrow night at the Igloo. This series just keeps getting more and more thrilling!