Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ice Arena Named after Hockey Mom - This One's Great!

One die-hard hockey mom is soon to have her own ice arena named after her in recognition of her many years supporting her sons and her beloved Philadelphia Flyers! 85-year old Mary Watson once went so far as to pull an opposing team member's hair once when she didn't like the way he checked her boy. All I have to say for myself is that it's a good thing they have glass between me and the ice these days; I would have to say if they didn't - I'd probably have done the same thing by now!

Thanks to Kukla's Korner for sharing this piece about this fabulous HM. Check out the article here. A big Hockey Mom toast to Mary and to all the kid-schlepping, gear-toting, multi-tasking and cheering squad hockey moms out there! Ladies, this is proof that one day, they will appreciate all that we do!

No comments: